Maxwell Senior Center
Maxwell Adult Center
The EM. Maxwell Adult Center is located at 1201 Center Street (corner of East 12th and Center Street), and is used primarily for senior adult activities and operates under the auspices of the Parks and Recreation Department. The age requirement for all activities and programs is 55 years of age.
Renovations are underway at the Maxwell Center! Come visit us at the Deer Park Community Center to see some exciting pictures and to get updates!
- Ceramics - Mondays 9am - 11am
- Quilting - Fridays, 9am - 2pm
- Craft Class - Tuesdays, 9am - 11am
- Knitting and Crocheting - Thursdays, 9am - 11:30am
- Woodcarving - Wednesdays, 9am - 12pm
- Leather working class - Wednesdays, 1pm - 3pm,
- Oil Painting - Tuesdays, 9am - 12pm or 1pm - 4pm
- Sit and Fit Classes - Mondays and Wednesdays, 9am-10am
- Bean Bag Baseball
- Chair Volleyball
- Senior Olympics
- Tuesday game night
Do you or someone you may know need a hot lunch daily but do not have the means to get it? We may be able to help. Deer Park residents may qualify for a meal delivery service coordinated through our Maxwell Senior Center that will provide daily meals to homebound seniors. If you are not homebound and would like to take part in the meals program visit us for congregate meals at the Community Center daily (Monday - Friday) at 11:30 am.
Please call by 11:30 a.m. the day before you want to join us for reservations. Lunch is available for a donation of $2 for Residents, $5 mandatory fee for Non-Residents.
Home bound seniors may request an assessment for qualification for home-delivered meals. These meals are delivered Monday through Friday as well.