With the Crew
I'm With The Crew...
So many of you have asked, "How can I get involved?" Well, here are just some of the positions and their duties that need filling for each production. If you are interested in crewing a show, just contact our Technical Director, Joe Piper at 281-478-7288 and let him know. One of the best ways to begin your involvement is to attend audition nights for the shows.
- Assistant Director: A person who assists the Director during rehearsal & Production
- Stage Manager: The member of the production team responsible for the smooth running of a performance. Before a production opens, the Stage manager attends rehearsals and meetings with other members of the production and coordinates all aspects of a production. During the performance, the Stage Manager cues the actors & the various technical departments.
- Assistant Stage Manager: Assists the stage manager with his or her jobs.
- Prompter/Line Coach: A person who assists the actors with their lines during rehearsal.
- Properties Manager: A person responsible for gathering & managing any "props)": that is, any item(s) that an actor carries onstage or uses during a performance. Props are not part of the scenery or costume.
- Set Designer: A person who designs the stage, set & scenery.
- Set Constructors: People who assist the Technical Director in building the set.
- Backstage Crew: Loose term covering all those who work on a show backstage. Crew manages props backstage, assists the actors, & is responsible for setting the stage each night (cleaning, resetting props, changing the scenery between scenes
- Sound/Music Designer: Responsible for the creation of all elements of the sound track, including music, sound effects, & background noises.
- Sound/Music Technician: Responsible for carrying out all elements of the sound track, including music, sound effects, & background noises during a production.
- Lighting Designer: This person designs, focuses & plots the lighting for a production.
- Makeup Artist: Applies makeup for actors during a show. May fall under the direction of a makeup designer.
- Hair Stylist: Styles the hair of the actors. May fall under the direction of a hair designer.
- Costume Manager: This person is responsible for gathering, sewing and/or creating costumes for a production.