Private Swim Lessons
Private Swim Lessons
Private swim lessons are available for any skill level and any age. Separate from group swim lessons, each private lesson is 50 minutes in length and set up in one participant to one instructor ratio. Children must be at least three years old to enroll.
Lessons are on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoon/evenings. You cannot book just one lesson per week.
- Session 1: June 9 - 11
- Session 2: June 16 - 18
- Session 3: June 23 - 25
- Session 4: July 7 - 9
- Session 5: July 14 - 16
- Session 6: July 21 - 23
- Residents: $100 per swimmer/session; Non-Residents: $110 per swimmer/session
- Price includes 3 private lessons in the same week
- All lessons held at the Dow Park Pool
- If a rain out occurs, we will make one attempt to make up your class. If it rains out or that day cannot be accommodated, a refund will be issued.
- Private lessons may be registered either over the phone, online or in person at the Deer Park Community Center.
- Summer Registration Dates
- Priority Registration (online only): April 20 - 26
- Priority and Resident Registration (online and in person): April 27 - May 3
- Registration Open to all: May 4
If lightning is detected within an 8-mile radius of the Dow Park Pool, the Aquatics professional staff will inform persons in the pool areas. Once pool patrons have been informed of the lightning situation they will have the option of leaving the pool or staying until the weather clears. If patrons choose to leave the pool, they should not use showers or land line telephones, and Lifeguards will be trained to provide this information to patrons, as appropriate.
If a severe weather warning is received from the City of Deer Park Emergency Services or another reliable weather source indicating a severe thunderstorm/tornado is present in the area and patrons should take cover, Dow Park patrons will be evacuated to a safe zone(s). The lifeguards, swim lesson instructors, aquatic supervisor and/or group fitness class instructor will instruct patrons to leave the pool and take shelter in the pool locker rooms. Once an all clear is received patrons will be allowed to return to the pool.
You may choose to call the Deer Park Community Center or Dow Park Pool prior to driving to the building if you are coming for swimming lessons. Please call 281-478-2050 OR 281-478-2055 for information concerning lessons and severe weather closures. Unless there is a severe weather warning, we will stay open for swimming lessons! Instructors are not guaranteed and will be assigned based on availability.