44th Annual Halloween Carnival
Saturday, October 28 12-3 p.m.
Jimmy Burke Activity Center, 500 W 13th St.
Free parking and free admission to this special event for the whole family. Put on your craziest and family-friendly costume and let the spirit move you to enter the costume contest, hop on some carnival rides or enter the pumpkin carving/decorating contest. There will be activities for the little ones including fun games in Pumpkin Town. You can stroll down the friendly community streets of Pumpkin Town from 12 - 3 p.m. for plenty of great carnival games.
Pumpkin Town / Carnival Ride Tickets are sold in bunches of 15 for $5 and will go on sale from 12-3 p.m.
Tickets may be purchased in the office at the Deer Park Community Center starting October 23 - October 27 until 5 p.m.
Concessions will be available for purchase.
Carnival Rides 12-3 p.m.
Carnival Rides require 6 tickets each or you may purchase a wristband for unlimited rides for $7 (not available for use in Pumpkin Town)
Strut Your Stuff Costume Contest (12 - 2:30 p.m. with judging around 12:30 p.m. You may sign up by the stage beginning at Noon.)
No line or time brackets. Sign up and strut your stuff right away!
1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each category
- Age groups:
- Category 1: 3 and under
- Category 2: 4-6
- Category 3: 7-10
- Category 4: 11-15
- Category 5: 16 and up
- Category 6: Group
- Best of Show wins $100! Must be present to win!
Pumpkin Carving/Decorating Contest
(Drop off from 11 - 11:45 a.m. at the Jimmy Burke Activity Center)
- $75 first place
- $50 Second place
- $25 Third place
In each category of Carved, Decorated, Carved/Decorated (combo)
Public voting will run from 12-2 p.m. Winners will be announced after Costume Contest winners around 2:30 p.m.
Pumpkin Carving/Decorating Contest Rules
- Enter one of 3 categories: Carved, decorated, or carved and decorated combination. Categories will be Carved, decorated, carved and decorated combo. You may enter one pumpkin in each category.
- First place in each category- $75, second place in each category- $50, third place in each category- $25.
- Drop off from 5:45-6:30 p.m.. Any pumpkins after the deadline will be included only if space is available.
- Public voting from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Winners announced at approximately 8:45 p.m. (After Costume Contest)
- :Entry form must be filled out and turned into the coordinator to be considered for the contest. (Available at Carnival)
- All entries must be real pumpkins.
- Pumpkins must be ready to display upon arrival.
- Any form of decoration may be used.
- One vote per person per category
- You don’t have to be present to win
- Carving or decorating subjects deemed inappropriate will not be judged
- Staff will have final say on interpretation of all contest rules. Failure to comply with decisions made my coordinator result in disqualification of your pumpkin.