The City's Code of Ordinances concerning storage buildings states:
Sec. 18-4. - Regulations governing the placement of residential storage buildings upon easements.
- The owners of residential property located in the city may apply to the city to locate portable storage buildings upon utility easements in the rear of each owner's residence and subject to the following regulations:
- If the city has water and/or sewer lines within the easement, the storage building shall have a floor space not greater than 96 square feet.
- If the city does not have water and/or sewer lines within the easement, the storage building shall have a floor space not greater than 192 square feet.
- All storage buildings must be constructed with appropriate skids and the plans and specifications of each storage building must be approved by the building inspector.
- Persons desiring to place storage buildings upon easements in residential property must pay a fee as provided in the fee schedule in appendix B. The applicant must also obtain a building permit for the storage building and execute a storage building easement agreement promulgated by the city.